Schools in Great Britain
In Great Britain boys and girls begin to go to school when they are five years old. Some boys and girls go to school till they are fifteen years old, others go up to sixteen or eighteen.
English schools are open five days a week. On Saturdays and Sundays there are no lessons.
There are primary and secondary schools in Great Britain. English children begin to go to a secondary school when they are eleven or older. There are different kinds of secondary schools in Britain. Some secondary schools are only for boys, some are only for girls and some are for boys and girls. Some schools prepare pupils for work, others for the university.
The pupils of all schools have uniforms. The boys wear dark grey, dark green or dark blue uniforms. The girls in some schools wear blouses and skirts, in others they wear dresses.
I Прочитайте текст. Определите, какие из приведенных утверждений 1-5 соответствуют содержанию текста (True) какие не соответствуют (False) и о чем в тексте несказанно, то есть на основании текста нельзя дать ни положительного, ни отрицательного ответа (Not stated).
Read the text and decide if the statements are true, false or not stated.
1. In Great Britain boys and girls begin to go to school when they are six.
2. English schools work five days a week.
3. On Saturdays and Sundays pupils have sports competitions at school.
4. There no primary schools in Great Britain.
5. Children go to primary schools till they are 12.
II Прочитайте текст. В заданиях 6- 10 выберите правильный вариант ответа.
Choose the right variant.
6. In Great Britain there are
a. no primary schools.
b. primary and secondary schools.
c. only primary school.
7. English children begin to go to a secondary school
a. when they are 11 or 12.
b. when they are 9 or 10.
c. when they are 5 or 6.
8. In Britain there are secondary schools
a. only for boys.
b. only for girls.
c. only for boys and girls.
9. Some schools prepare pupils
a. for sports and work.
b. for work and university.
c. for university.
10. All schoolchildren wear
a. dark grey uniforms.
b. blouses and skirts.
c. uniforms at schools.